Monday, April 1, 2013

What's for dinner in April?

My meal planning post seemed to be a popular one.  I thought I could show you what my plan is for this month.  Maybe to give you some ideas or help you to see my meal planning process.

This month we have some meals that rolled over from March.  I also have leftover ham to use up.  And I am kind of hoping to clean out my big freezer this month and let it defrost.  Then the big freezer can get a good wash down.  So this is where my plan starts.  Use up the freezer food.  Use up the Easter ham in a different way, so the kids don't get tired of the same leftovers.  Also, make the dinners we skipped making last month.  Showing you my meals as divided by my protein categories.  For April I need 22 dinners.

Beef/Pork:

Ham & Mushroom Pasta (leftover ham)
Grilled Steak
Pulled Pork
Pork Tacos

Chicken/Seafood:

Enchilada Lasagna (using ground turkey)
Teriyaki Chicken
Coconut Chicken
Spicy Honey Chicken

Pasta:

Pesto Pasta
Mushroom Ragu
Chicken Parmesan
Baked Ziti

Soup/Salad:

Pasta Salad
Tortellini Soup  (using ground turkey)
Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
Potato Soup

Meatless:

German Pancakes
Beans & Rice
Mini Veggie Pizzas
Quiche

Free:

Ham Fried Rice (leftover ham)
Chef Salad (leftover ham)

No comments:

Post a Comment