Monday, April 1, 2013

The Spring Break Fun

We are one of the uncool families who does nothing for Spring Break.  I am one who believes you don't have to be going and busy all of the time.  We sort of hung out at home and relaxed. 

Monday:  I decided to do our little family Easter Egg Hunt after FHE.  We had a nice little Easter story, thanks to Joel.  Then headed to the backyard to find all the eggs.  It was nice to spread the Easter candy and festivals through out the week.

Wednesday:  Joel took half a day off from work and took us all to lunch and the Zoo.  It was such a perfect day weather wise.  Also, so great to have a day with the whole family.

Of course we had a great time seeing all the animals.


Luke's favorite was the owls and eagles.  We enjoyed all the new exhibits at the zoo.  On the way home we got our favorite after zoo snack, Nielson's frozen custard.  So good!

Friday:  The kids and I walked to the library and back home.  I haven't mentioned, but we (Joel, Me and Tori) get to go on a Stake Youth Pioneer Trek this summer.  We have been trying to spend lots of time walking and on our feet.  I am hoping I am not the Ma to slow her family down.
After the library and I cleaned up a bit.  The kids dyed their hard boiled eggs.  I just observed and help where needed.  Friday night, Joel and I got to go out on a date.  And I tried Pho for the first time.  Fun stuff!

Saturday:  We had a Hobbit watching party with a small group of friends.  We had bbq steaks with sides.  And the highlight was Caramel Cake.  Tori and I also watched YW Conference broadcast.

Sunday:  Easter Sunday, we all got to wear our new Easter clothes.  Of course we did the baskets and stuff, not pictured.  I made the girls skirts using this pattern.  They were actually quite simple and didn't take much time.  The girls all got to pick their fabric and a shirt to match their skirt.  Luke got a new shirt and new pants.  I really should get on board with making him something new for Easter too.

Today it was back to school.  Sad to see our relaxing weekend come to an end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment